Our Tent Review
Features Of The Eureka Tetragon 5 Tent
Here are some primary features of the Tetragon 5:
- Shockcored fiberglass frame
- Color coded webbing
- Side opening door with brim over door and window to help keep rain out
- Hanging gear loft
- 2 detachable storage pockets
- Weighs 5 pounds 3 ounces
- 2 vents and large areas of mesh for proper ventilation
- The Eureka Tetragon 5 tent is easy to set up taking one person about 5 minutes.
- It’s durable
- Fairly lightweight
- Life time warranty
- Good price
- The poles are not the greatest and liable to break easily (usually the case with fiberglass)
- The tent’s lifespan is generally only around 5 years
What Actual Campers Have To Say
Campers’ reviews on this tent are mostly favorable. Some of the most frequently mentioned advantages are the ease of set up/take down of this tent and find that it is sturdy.
Some reviewers have stated that they have put this tent to the test using it 2 years or more and that it was still holding up well.
It was rated 4 1/2 stars on Amazon with 44 people writing positive reviews about the Eureka Tetragon 5 tent. There are good reviews of this model from other sites as well.
Many reviewers who favorably reviewed this tent recommend waterproofing it before use, while a handful reviewers who submitted negative feedback complained that it leaked. Based on this feedback, it seems this tent will function better if waterproofed ahead of your trip.
Most people who purchased the Eureka Tetragon 5 tent found it to be a good camping tent all things considered.
They were especially happy with it’s durability and ease of set up. However, several people did experience problems with the tent leaking in rain and have stated that the poles are not the best or most durable.
All things considered this seems to be a fairly good tent for occasional campers on a budget. However, if you purchase it, you might be wise to do a bit of waterproofing before actually taking to the wilderness .