Our Tent Review
Eureka Equinox 6 Tent Features and Specs
The Eureka Equinox 6 tent has some nice features that makes it appear like a good solid Dome shaped tent suitable for 3 season use ( spring, summer, fall) camping. Here is an overview of the important features and specs:
- Windows/Ventilation: Zippered windows ( large) on 2 panels which allows cross ventilation ( reduces condensation and improves air circulation), and roof vent.
- Bathtub floor: Heavy duty nylon bathtub floor design that prevents seems being low to the ground which avoids seam leaks ( floor rises above ground level).
- Near Vertical Walls: The near vertical walls provide substantial interior space which improves head room and access when getting in and out of the tent
- Tent Structure: The tent has a 6 pole hexagonal design with an umbrella hub that provides stability and strength against high winds
- Measurements/ Weight: Floor measurement of 10′ by 11′ 8″; 87 square foot area, Center height 6′ 7″, and weighs 18 lbs. 12 oz.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Here is an overview of the advantages/disadvantages of the Eureka equinox 6 tent has for those searching for 6 person tents.
Ventilation is a great aspect of this Eureka family tent for summer camping and the ability to protect users from an unexpected strong winds because of the dome structure, which covers two important aspects when choosing a tent, ventilation and stability.
The shock corded poles and design makes setting up easy, even for one person , although two people is much quicker.
The sleeping space is what a buyer would expect from a 6 person tent ( note: advertised sleeping space is sleeping pads and people, with nothing else by most manufacturers) and head room allows even the tallest of guys plenty of movement and access.
There is very little disadvantages for this tent, however, some buyers have had issues with the zipper not working properly and the size not being suitable for six people.
Conclusion – Summary
Consumer reviews and comments are very positive which is encouraging for buyers taking a look at this Eureka family tent. Yes, there are a couple of negatives about the size and comments about the zipper but an awareness of what tent manufacturers tent sizes represent should eliminate that issue.