Our Tent Review
Eureka Condo Tent Features
The features and design of this cabin style Eureka Family Condo Tent are perfect for a large family sleeping up to 8-12 people. Lets take a look at the important features:
- Tent Poles/Frame: The shock-corded 6000-series free-standing aluminum frame is much stronger and durable than a tent using fiberglass poles. The frame is supported by a hub system, uses ring/pin assemblies and color coded clips should make setting up a little easier.
- Rooms: The tent can be divided into 2 or 3 rooms by making use of the of the removable internal dividers. When its used with 3 rooms the middle is useful for changing clothes or for extra storage space. There is the option of using the tent with a main room for sleeping and the second room can be used as a screen room ( eating area, play area etc).
- Doors/Windows/Ventilation: The Eureka condo tent was certainly made with ventilation and ease of access in mind. It has 3 doors for access, 2 having a high and low ventilation panels, 10 windows in total and 4 roof vents. Windows have storm flaps and zippers that can be used if the weather turns a bit nasty to protect the inner tent.
- Tent Size: The floor size is 10’6″ x 20′, tent area 211 sq. ft and the height is 8′ 6″ which covers enough height for most human folk.
- Floor/Seams: The bathtub floor keeps seams from being exposed at ground level to prevent water leaking inside the seams/tent.
- Rainfly: The half rainfly has zippers to turn it into a full fly if needed.
Advantages/Disadvantages and What Buyers Say
The features and design makes this tent stand out, but like all tents we need to find out how they perform. Here’s our take on the the pros and cons of this Eureka family tent.
The clear advantages is the space inside the Eureka condo tent offered, the ventilation, ease of access and the ability to convert the tent from a 2 room shelter to a 3 room, although many other large tents can also be converted like this. Plenty of storage space is something this tent offers that family campers appreciate.
The biggest draw back for this tent is the $900 price tag, although we have seen it on sale for under $600.
The height of 8″ 6″ could be seen as an advantage and a disadvantage because the tent needs to have a person setting the tent up at such a height.
What users have to say about the Eureka condo luxury family tent!
There is a limited amount of consumer reviews and ratings available for this tent, which is not surprising because of the price tag. One user was dissatisfied when comparing the Condo with other Eureka tents previously used, that were ideal shelters.
As we expected setting up was a task for a buyer because of the height, although as mentioned above the height is an advantage for ease of access and inner tent space.
Overall the Eureka condo tent has many great features, room to fit most families inside and plenty of storage space.
The main draw back is the price and the limited amount of consumer opinions to get a complete picture of how the tent performs.
When we compare the Condo to the Eureka Copper Canyon models we feel more inclined to point people in the direction of these tents, or at least take a look at them.