Our Tent Review
Features of The Eureka Apex 2XT Tent
The Eureka Apex 2XT tent is a 2 person 3 season tent. The two most noticeable features of the Eureka Apex 2XT are the two doors with no see-um-mesh for ventilation and the two enclosed vestibules for storage.
Other features include:
- 2 pole rectangular dome construction
- 13.4 square feet vestibules (combined)
- Shock corded freestanding fiber glass frame assembly
- 2 side opening doors
- Poke out vent in sidewall
- 2 interior storage pockets
- Flashlight loop
Like most Eureka tents the Apex 2XT is well-designed and constructed and holds up well in windy conditions.
- The Apex 2XT has good ventilation
- Quick and easy to set up
- The zippers open and close smoothly with no sticking
- The vestibules are nice for storing shoes and other must keep dry items
- Great price
- The stakes that come with the Eureka Apex are too short to make them useful in pitching this tent in sandy soil
- The vestibule zipper is somewhat inconvenient
- The tent has a tendency to leak
Eureka tents are well designed and for the most part well constructed. The Eureka Apex 2XT tent is no exception for the cost.
These tents are well ventilated, easy to set up, and more than reasonably priced than similar competitors. With all things considered these tents are some of the best tents on the market.
As avid campers know the success or failure of any camping trip depends a great deal on your shelters ability to protect you from the elements.
The main drawback of the Eureka Apex 2XT mentioned by reviewers is that some had trouble with their tents leaking. On the other hand, many were impressed by the tent’s ability to withstand stormy conditions. We are not sure what the inconsistency is due to.