Our Tent Review
Features of the Columbia Bugaboo Tent
Whilst this Columbia tent is an affordable option for camping, it certainly doesn’t lack the features and design a small family need to provide comfortable camping from a family tent.
Here are some of the important features:
- Roomy dome tent with sleeping space for up to 5 people max
- Cyclone venting system increases air circulation within the tent
- GoBe Dry rain protection system keeps rain from seeping inside
- 2 external storage lockers, with gear loft and cup holders
- Measures 12 width x 6.16 height x 9 feet, and weighs 21 pounds
- color-coded fiberglass poles and sleeves makes setting up easier
What Columbia call the cyclone system increases the air circulation within the tent, preventing condensation, and helps users to stay cool on warmer days. Columbia’s GoBe Dry system, and the taped seams alongside the elevated floor helps prevent leaks at areas prone to leaking.
- Affordable, and worth the money.
- Plenty of room for 4 people and 5 at a squeeze
- Easy enough to set up and take down for most people
- Ventilation is good
- dome shape performs well in high winds
- Fibre-glass poles are not as high quality as aluminium
- Not as much height as a cabin style family tent
The Columbia Bugaboo tent is a very reasonably priced dome shaped 5 person tent, that would be best suited for 4 people camping comfortably. Priced at about $150.
Reports are all mainly positive, with comments made about good ventilation, plenty of room and withstanding the element’s very well.
There are other dome tents for camping that are better quality and stronger, although the price increase is significant.
Overall the Columbia Bugaboo tents are recommended by us, if the above information matches the needs of you and the family.