2 Person Tent Reviews
We provide an assortment of 2 person tent reviews to help you find the best model to get for your excursion.
The various types of trips and needs of tent users vary, from the outdoor enthusiast that hits the trails a few times a year backpacking no matter what the weather, to the couple that base camp a weekend twice a year during the summer months.
All two man tents are priced and designed for various users in mind, which makes it important to check out the choices available from various brands and designs for a 2 man tent to suit an individual’s camping needs.
Below you’ll find a table summarizing different options with important tent stats, followed by more details of some of the most popular models.
The Best Two Man Tents
|Photo||Name||Floor Area||Season Rating||Packed Weight||Rating||Price|
|Kelty Outfitter 2 Pro Tent, 2-Person||35 sq ft||3 Season||6 lb 14 oz||5.0||$$|
|Big Agnes Rattlesnake SL 2 Person Mtnglo Tent - Gray/Plum||27 sq ft||3 Season||4 lbs 2 oz||5.0||$$$|
|Big Agnes Tumble 2 Person mtnGLO Tent - White/Sulphur||34 sq ft||3 Season||5 lbs||5.0||$$|
|Eureka Midori 2 Tent||32.6 sq ft||3 Season||4 lbs 7 oz||4.7||$|
|Kelty Gunnison 2.3 Tent with Footprint||30 sq ft||3 Season||5 lbs 14 oz||4.7||$$|
|Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Tent||30 sq ft||3 Season||4 lbs 12 oz||4.7||$$|
|Big Agnes Copper Spur UL 2 Person Tent Tents Terra Cotta/Silver||29 sq ft||3 Season||3 lbs 2 oz||4.7||$$$|
|Kelty TN 2 Person Tent||27.5 sq ft||3 Season||4 lbs 13 oz||4.4||$$$|
|Kelty Yellowstone 2 Tent||30 sq ft||3 Season||5 lbs 7 oz||4.4||$|
2 Person Tent Reviews
These 2 person tent choices are made with the serious lightweight backpacker in mind and for a person that wants a decent two man tent for recreational camping and hiking.
Marmot Limelight 2 Person Tent
The Marmot Limelight 2 person tent is the first on our list of recommendations.
This is a great tent that’s affordable that doesn’t lose the features of a well designed tent because of the low price tag.
This Marmot tent is a backpacking tent for two people that has added value for the price by having a footprint included free, when purchased.
We thought there had to be something missing from this tent to become so affordable, and here’s the features we found that makes this tent appealing to buyers.
- Room for extra gear by giving them a generous vestibule of 9 sq.ft.
- Featuring 2 large mesh roof panels the Limelight 2 is well ventilated and can also be used without the fly for stargazing on a summers evening
- The shockcorded aluminum poles are connected to the tent by double clips that speeds up setting up and makes it easy
- Setting up is pretty easy with the Marmot limelight two man tent, clip design (no sleeves to be threaded), allowing air to reach between the fly and main tent, preventing condensation
- These Marmot 2 person tents offer a full coverage Ripstop polyester rain fly for sufficient weather protection, won’t stretch and resists UV damage.
- DAC Pressfit aluminum poles feature a pressed in ferrule, for making sure the tent poles remain durable and strong
Here’s what we found overall, with the advantages winning over the disadvantages of the limelight by a long stretch.
The Marmot Limelight 2 person tent seems to have everything needed for a 3 season backpacking tent with the average weight of 4 lbs. 10 oz and average packaged weight 5 pounds.
The limelight is not the lightest of 2 person tents available, although it certainly isn’t heavy. Roomy enough for two people with the vestibule for gear storage.
For anyone needing a two man tent suitable for 3 season backpacking between car camping trips for under $200, this is a fantastic option.
Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 2 Person Tent
The Big Agnes Creek UL2 is our choice for a lightweight two man tent. Yes this shelter only weighs 2lb 10oz packaged and trail weight is a mere 2lb 2oz.
Now, this tent is not going to suit all; its a tent for those that really want to reduce weight and pack size.
The features allow this tent to be more than just a tarp shelter with backpackers magazine awarding it editors choice for 2010.
The dimensions can be tight for two people, sleeping pads and bags, although it has a vestibule for hiking boots and gear.
We took a look at more of the features, and here’s what we found to be encouraging for any ultralight 2 person tents.
- DAC Featherlite NSL pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs – featuring eco-friendly anodizing
- All DAC poles made from TH72M aluminum: the latest technology in lightweight tent poles featuring improved durability
- Fly is ultralight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Floor is ultralight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is ultralight breathable nylon rip-stop and polyester mesh
- Single hub/pole design makes set up easy
- DAC Twist clips attach tent body to the pole frame for quick and easy set up
- Single door and vestibule
- Three side mesh pockets included
- Reflective guyline and reflective webbing on tent corners for night time visibility
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane (No PVC or VOC’s) tape
- 11 Superlight aluminum J stakes , featuring eco-friendly anodizing
Whilst this is advertised as a two man tent is could also be a light 1 person tent and roomy. It may not be best suited for a user over 6ft tall and those that want plenty of head room and interior space.
The positives definitely seem to outweigh the negatives for ultra light backpackers really wanting to reduce pack weight but want more than what a single skinned tarp can offer. If you have the $350, and don’t need the weight then its worth considering.
The MSR Hubba Hubba 2 Man Tent
The MSR Hubba Hubba two man tent is our overall choice for a roomy tent that can be used for backpacking and base camp trips, which has 2 doors for easy access.
This MSR tent has also been given an award by backpackers magazine back in 2005. Here is a brief overview of the Hubba Hubba tent features.
- The tent’s interior space is maximized with a unique pole configuration interior space available and twin entrances makes getting in and out easier than most 2 person tents
- The Hubba Hubba has taped seams, reinforced stress points, ultralight stake loops, reflective guy cords and door toggles make it user friendly
- The all in one hub and swivel pole design is strong, easy to use, assisting in making setting up easy and quicker
- Weighing in at just over 4 pounds this is MSR’s best selling 2 person tent.
- Two vestibules offer plenty of storage space for gear even though the interior space is very good
In our opinion this is a great two man tent suitable for backpacking and car camping that attracts those that want the extra room and comfort without becoming too heavy.
Yes its pricey for most and costs about $330, from most stores. However, this is a tent that is built to last and protect 2 people from the elements in comfort. The easy access is also one of the reasons we love the MSR Hubba Hubba two person tent.
Our Full List Of 2 Person Tent Reviews
- These are the available sizes: Timberline 2 Person Tent Timberline 4 person Tent Timberline Outfitter 6 Person Tent Timberline 2 Person SQ 2XT ...
- Coleman Sundome Tent Reviews Coleman Sundome 2 Person Tent The Coleman 2 person tent has one room with an affordable price tag, for the camper ...
- Features of The Eureka Apex 2XT Tent The Eureka Apex 2XT tent is a 2 person 3 season tent. The two most noticeable features of the Eureka Apex ...
- Popular Coleman Exponent Tents Coleman Avior X2 Tent The Avior X2 is one of the lines of Coleman Exponent Tents that is designed for the ...
- Features Of The Black Diamond Skylight Tent The Black Diamond Skylight Tent is a 3 season, 3 or 2 person tent, comfortably that offers a ton of ...
- Eureka Spitfire Tent Reviewed Eureka 1 Person Solo Spitfire Tent The Eureka 1 Person Solo Spitfire tent is a 2 lb 3oz. Tent designed to provide ...
- MSR Tent Features Minimum weight less than 3 pounds and package weight is 3 pounds 6 ounces making it lightweight to carry even on those rougher ...
- Black Diamond HiLight Tent Overview For those who are familiar with the Black Diamond Firstlight tent, it is easy to think of the HiLight as the ...
- Features Of The Black Diamond Beta Light For those long distance hikers who enjoy exploring the unknown and who regularly use trekking poles to ...
- Overview Of The Black Diamond Firstlight Tent This tent was one of the first 1 and 2 man tents that was designed specifically for climbers and ...
- Setting Up/Pitching This Kelty tent is extremely easy to set up due to its hubbed pole design with Jacob feet. Users report that they can set ...
- The MSR Hubba Hubba Features The MSR Hubba Hubba lightweight backpacking tent, according to most reviews is the perfect 2 person 3 season tent ...
- Setting Up/Pitching The Mesa has simple and effective design that’s easy enough for any user to set up. The tent is pitched from the inner ...
Do you have experience 2-person camping? Please feel free to share your insight on gear and tips for other campers, particularly if you have any knowledge to share on your favorite two man tent models.