Choosing A One Person Tent
Planning on camping or backpacking solo? There is certainly no shortage of quality solo tents to choose from, in fact there are so many options that trying to choose one can feel overwhelming. To make the task of selecting your travel shelter easier, we’ve put together a list of the most highly rated one person tent options.
In the table below you will find an overview of highly-rated one person tents with some of the most important stats for each tent, including weight, square footage, and season rating. We also include each tent’s price range and average customer rating within the table to give a complete snapshot of each selection.
Continue reading below the table to get more details on our budget-friendly pick for one person tents, the Kelty Salida 1.
Highly Rated 1 Person Tents
|Photo||Name||Floor Area||Season Rating||Packed Weight||Rating||Price|
|Big Agnes Fly Creek Platinum 1 Person Tent (Silver/Lime - 1 Person)||22 sq ft||3 Season||1 lb 13 oz||5.0||$$$$$|
|Kelty Salida 1 Tent||20 sq ft||3 Season||3 lbs 14 oz||4.9||$|
|Big Agnes Slater UL 1 Person + Tent (Gold/Gray - 1+ Person)||28 sq ft||3 Season||2 lbs 10 oz||4.8||$$$|
|Kelty Gunnison 1.3 Tent with Footprint||18 sq ft||3 Season||4 lbs 9 oz||4.6||$|
|Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 Tent (2014)||22 sq ft||3 Season||2 lbs 9oz||4.5||$$|
|Black Diamond Firstlight Tent||27.3 sq ft||4 Season||3 lbs 5 oz||4.0||$$$|
The One Man Tent Budget Friendly Pick: Kelty Salida 1
The Kelty Salida 1 is a solo dome style tent that has gotten great feedback from campers. This model gives you quite a bit of bang for your buck, giving you a dependable minimalist tent with a price tag of around $130.
Some highlights of this model include its backpacking-friendly features. It is light weight, has convenient folding poles, and hits snuggly inside a handy roll top carry bag.
Campers praise this model for being easy to carry, as well as simple and quick to set up, which makes it ideal for trekking with.
The main complaint mentioned among campers is that the tent’s stakes, while very light, are oddly shaped.
Our Full List Of 1 Person Tent Reviews
- This shelter provides the three season backpacker with a truly breezy experience thanks to its all-mesh body. For those seeking a quick pitch, ...
- Black Diamond HiLight Tent Overview For those who are familiar with the Black Diamond Firstlight tent, it is easy to think of the HiLight as the ...
- Features And Tech Specs Design: The Solitaire is a Bivy style solo tent with two hoops at either end to support the structure, so its not as low ...
- Features of the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 Tent The Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 is designed to be a one man tent allowing for a little more room than a ...
- Features/Design This dual vestibule tent is designed for the individual enthusiast to take with them on a short or even long term backpacking ...
- Eureka Spitfire Tent Reviewed Eureka 1 Person Solo Spitfire Tent The Eureka 1 Person Solo Spitfire tent is a 2 lb 3oz. Tent designed to provide ...
- Features/Design The Big Agnes Slater UL1 Tent is a lightweight and easy to manage single person tent. This tent provides an amazing amount of ...
- Popular Coleman Exponent Tents Coleman Avior X2 Tent The Avior X2 is one of the lines of Coleman Exponent Tents that is designed for the ...
Do you have experience solo trekking or camping? Please feel free to share your insight on gear and tips for other campers, particularly if you have any knowledge to share on one man tent models.